By Rajen Harshé,Dhananjay Tripathi
Owing to its geo-strategic situation and mineral wealth, Afghanistan has obtained importance within the inter-state politics of Asia in addition to international politics in the past many years. This e-book outlines Afghanistan’s efforts to construct a strong and peaceable democratic polity, with exterior army aid from the U.S. and its NATO allies. It additionally analyses the nation’s improvement projects with significant powers similar to India, the USA, Russia and Germany. The volume:
• brings to the fore ongoing tensions in the Afghan polity and its endured influence on Asian/world politics;
• discusses topical subject matters akin to withdrawal people troops and non-traditional defense; and
• provides views from students and specialists from world wide, together with Afghans.
This paintings can be worthy to students and researchers in political technological know-how, diplomacy, sociology, zone reviews, and the common reader.
Read or Download Afghanistan Post-2014: Power configurations and evolving trajectories PDF
Similar terrorism books
Haynes appears to be like at spiritual transnational actors within the context of diplomacy, with a spotlight on either protection and order. With renewed scholarly curiosity within the involvement of faith in diplomacy, many observers and students have stumbled on this circulate unforeseen since it demanding situations traditional knowledge concerning the nature and long term historic effect of secularisation.
This booklet deals a advisor to reading to be had statistical info on terrorism assaults world wide. the worldwide Terrorism Database (GTD) now contains greater than 113,000 terrorist assaults, beginning in 1970. via interpreting those information, researchers reveal how a really small variety of terrorist assaults have had a large impact on attitudes and regulations towards terrorism.
Context is essential to figuring out the factors of political violence and the shape it takes. This publication examines how time, area and supportive milieux decisively form the development and velocity of such violence. whereas a lot of the paintings during this box specializes in person psychology or radical ideology, Bosi, Ó Dochartaigh, Pisoiu and others take a clean, leading edge examine the significance of context in producing mobilisation and shaping styles of violence.
Sooner than Spin is the eye-opening autobiography by means of Keith McDowall. It finds a thrilling wartime youth, how the writer grew to become an area reporter chasing the inside track in South London to finally operating in Fleet highway the place he lined undefined, exchange unions and cupboard point politics. on the peak of his occupation within the govt details carrier, Keith was once an in depth adviser to either Labour and Conservative cupboard Ministers during the Nineteen Seventies and 80s.
- The War on Terrorism: A Collision of Values, Strategies, and Societies
- The Terrorist Identity: Explaining the Terrorist Threat (Alternative Criminology)
- Science and Technology of Terrorism and Counterterrorism, Second Edition (Public Administration and Public Policy)
- Il caso Mattei: Le prove dell’omicidio del presidente dell’Eni dopo bugie, depistaggi e manipolazioni della verità (Italian Edition)
- Lessons and Legacies of the War On Terror: From moral panic to permanent war (Routledge Critical Terrorism Studies)
Extra info for Afghanistan Post-2014: Power configurations and evolving trajectories
Afghanistan Post-2014: Power configurations and evolving trajectories by Rajen Harshé,Dhananjay Tripathi